THE WOODLANDS, TX – For wine and food lovers, this is the not-to-be missed event. June 3-9, 2019 is a celebration 15 years in the making, featuring wine and culinary tastemakers from across the globe.
Wine & Food Week 2019 returns to The Woodlands for a week-long multi-faceted extravaganza, reuniting scores of culinary talent and drawing avid foodies and wine enthusiasts from across the region. Rooted in a deep affection for all things wine and food, Wine & Food Week, under the direction of Food & Vine Time Productions, will once again raise a glass to master chefs, winemakers, educators and more, hailing from Houston and across the globe.
Experience national and international wines at wine tastings, wine dinners, Ladies of the Vine Luncheon, seminars, casual events like Sips, Suds & Tacos and the H-E-B Wine Walk at Market Street, all culminating in an elaborate Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase.
Need a reason not to miss? How about 15?
- You love food and wine. Need we say more? Boasting over 100 chefs in attendance and hundreds of wines Including the Wine Enthusiast 2018 Winemaker of the Year Wine Star Award winner, Adam Mettler from Michael David Winery, and the Oregon Wine Press Person of the Year, Rudy Marchesi of Montinore Estate who will do a seminar on organic/biodynamic farming. Your taste buds and Instagram feed will thank you.
- Meet a giant in the wine industry, Houston icon & Master Sommelier, Wine Wizard 2018 Guy Stout at It’s a Guy Thing, Tuesday, June 4 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Guy is one of only 215 Master Sommeliers (MS) in the world and one of the first in America. Enjoy big bold wines, craft beer to satisfy every taste and delicious man grub from featured restaurants. Sit down for a shoe shine, puff on a cigar, soak in the live music and enjoy the perfect guys night out. Tickets are $30 per person.
- Informal strolling and sipping are more your speed. Market Street, The Woodlands, rolls out the red carpet for the H-E-B Wine Walk June 6 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. with savory bites, wine and craft beer and live music by Mango Punch. It’s the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Tickets start at $40, with an early bird price of $35 expiring on March 15.
- You love exclusive tastings. Both the H-E-B Wine Walk and The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase offer a VIP experience with keepsake glass; a who’s who of special wine offerings.
- Exotic flavors make you happy. You’re in good company with former Bravo TV’S Top Chef contender Ron Duprat who’ll be cooking up a signature dish combining his rich Caribbean heritage flavors with French Accents at the Grand Tasting. Huffington Post recognized him as one of the 10 Black Chefs That Are Changing the Food World. His larger than life personality will be on full display Saturday June 8 during the Grand Tasting.
- You can’t make it to the Caribbean this summer. No worries – it’s coming to you. Meet two of the Caribbean’s top chefs: Erwin Husken, Owner & Executive Chef of Screaming Eagle, and Urvin Croes, Owner & Chef of The Kitchen Table by White ranked as TripAdvisor #1 Caribbean fine dining traveler’s choice. Both chefs will be featured at the Grand Tasting event on Saturday June 8, as well as in the Aruba Culinary Center booth on the Wine Walk on Thursday, June 6.
- You are dying to know what your wine says about you. Rub elbows with Wine Wizard 2013 Tim Hanni, one of the first two resident Americans to successfully complete the examination and earn the title Master of Wine. He is a Certified Wine Educator accredited by the Society of Wine Educators and co-founder and Chief Advocate of MyVinotype, which helps people understand what kind of wines they like to drink. Find out “Why You Like the Wines You Like” as written by Hanni and have your tongue painted blue to reveal your taste buds.
- A tastemaker yourself, you want to be ahead of the curve on trends. Catch up with the “15 Fresh Faces” making their mark on the culinary scene. The list will be unveiled bit by bit to keep you guessing.
- You love sports celebrities who’ve made a difference on and off the field. Meet Jarvis Green Wine Wizard 2011 and former NFL superstar, two-time Superbowl Champion and owner of Oceans 97, whose shrimp and shrimp products reflect Green’s commitment to locally sourced and natural products. Green has become a leader in educating people about the health benefits of a diet rich in fresh and natural ingredients. Oceans 97 will be featured at It’s a Guy Thing and the Grand Tasting with some pop-up tastings in between.
- Ladies that lunch – that’s you. Ladies of the Vine Tasting, Luncheon & Panel Discussion, held Friday, June 7 from noon – 3:00 p.m. at The Club at Carlton Woods, is an elegant affair featuring prominent women in the wine industry. Tickets are $85 per person. The event sells out every year, so don’t wait!
- You want to eat like a first family. Meet former White House Executive Chef John Moeller, Wizard Gourmet from 2014, who presided over the White House kitchen during President George W. Bush’s second term. He served in the White House from September of 1992 until 2005 —one of the longest tenured chefs across three Administrations. Moeller said, “One of my greatest satisfactions as a chef is presenting a first-class meal and seeing the enjoyment that it brings to the diners and the goodwill and friendship that it promotes.” Chef Moeller has detailed his journey and White House experience in a book, Dining at the White House — From the President’s Table to Yours. During his tenure, he helped create and prepare meals for the First Families, for world leaders like Tony Blair and Nelson Mandela, for famous guests like Julia Child and Sophia Loren, and for holiday parties and trips to Camp David.
- Chef of Chefs Hall of Fame lifetime achievement inductees and Houston icons Michael Cordúa, and Carmelo Mauro will return to see who takes the coveted Goya Chef of Chefs Trophy and $5,000 cash prize this year during The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase.
- The word taco may mean “light lunch,” but to you, taco time is all the time. Taco day reigns supreme. Don’t miss Sips, Suds & Tacos Friday, June 7 at 6:00 p.m. It’s a taco take-down where tacos of all shapes and sizes are served up with all the fixings and one taco takes all the glory and the quirky taco trophy. Tickets are $30. Grab some friends and wind down the week with a fiesta!
- Unleash your inner food critic. Get ready to be put that foodie prowess to practice and be wowed. The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase features more than 60 major culinary talent from the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America all in one elegant ballroom vying for the title of Chef of Chefs with its coveted trophy and $5,000 cash prize. This is foodie heaven. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are $125 per person.
- You like to give back. Supporting Wine & Food Week helps several charitable organizations such as New Danville; The Woodlands Arts Council, and Montgomery County Food Bank; just to name a few. Food & Vine Time Productions has raised well over a million dollars through various channels for local charities over the years.
To purchase tickets, book a hotel room, sign up to volunteer and for more general information, please visit www.wineandfoodweek.com.
Wine & Food Week, produced by Food & Vine Time Productions, is the first multi-day, multi-faceted, comprehensive destination culinary and wine event in the Houston Metro area and the first nationally to promote locally-sourced and sustainable products. Owners Clifton and Constance McDerby are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and health of Houstonians by educating the novice to the aficionado on wines and fine dining, encouraging locally-sourced and sustainable ingredients.
Food & Vine Time Productions created another first with the state’s first multi-day craft beer destination and educational event featuring over 300 craft beer selections. Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival, now celebrating a decade of craft beer experiences, has been named #3 beer event in America by USA Today and #1 in Houston by Houstonia Magazine.
Food & Vine Time Productions also produces Wine Fair Cy-Fair, Zest in the West, Katy Sip N Stroll, BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival, Houston Chronicle Culinary Stars, Tomball’s Freight Train Food Truck Fest and a myriad of private events for various clients. Since its inception in 2002, Food & Vine Time Productions has assisted in raising well over a million dollars for local charities through live and silent auctions and cash donations.
Related Itemschefcraft beerfoodFood & Vine Time ProductionsHEB Wine WalkLadies of the Vine Luncheonmarket streetsipsSommelierSuds & Tacostastingwinewine food weekWine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcasewine tasting