Although the city’s flagship farmer’s market at Hurkamp Park has been humming along since April 20, another begins peddling wares Thursday.
FREDERICKSBURG, VA—Although the city’s flagship farmer’s market at Hurkamp Park has been humming along since April 20, another begins peddling fresh wares Thursday, May 16. That’s opening day for the Mayfield Farmer’s Market at 1300 Dixon Street.
It’ll run 3:30-6:30 p.m. every Thursday through September. The city’s third farmer’s market, Mary Washington Healthcare Market, opened shop last week and will be open 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on the second and fourth Fridays through September at 1001 Sam Perry Boulevard.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s coming up at the Hurkamp Park anchor:
- June 8: – Kid vendors sell their handmade and homegrown items.
- July 6: – Sample products from the vendors.
- August 3:
- September 7: – Community groups fill the park to share their message.
- October 5: – Celebrate the harvest season and choose a pumpkin from the mini pumpkin patch.
- December 7: – Visit the market and a special Art in the Park for holiday decor items, to order food for your holiday parties, and select thoughtful, locally made gifts.
You can follow the markets on and .
Hurkamp Park Market Hours:
While vendors are present year-round, the market is only managed from the third Saturday in April through the last Saturday in October. Saturday is the primary market day.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Saturday, April – October
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, April – September
- 8:00 am – 1:00pm, Wednesday through Friday, October – December