Where can we park for Neon Desert?
Here are some parking options for getting to Neon Desert:
Anywhere legally possible — Pay close attention to meter locations, rules and limits. Don’t forget you have to pay on Saturdays. And parking close to the festival could mean being among the last to leave.
Garages and lots — There are some garages and parking lots available to park in or around Downtown. The El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Center, Mills and Union Plaza parking garages are $10 per car on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ride your bike — Neon Desert organizers support bicyclists by offering an area on the perimeter of the fest to lock up your bike near the box office at the intersection of Kansas and Texas.
Just get a ride — Avoid the hassle of parking and take an Uber or a bus ride. The nearest bus stop to the festival entrance is the Oregon-Missouri Avenue stop. Look up the Sun Metro bus schedules.
Streetcar — Take advantage of free parking in the Glory Road Transit Center, 100 Glory Road, if you are among the first 440 attendees taking the streetcar to the fest. The streetcar will pick up passengers on Glory Road and Oregon, then drop them off at the Official Neon Desert Street Car stop at Kansas and Mills near the entrance of the festival. Travel time from Glory Road to Kansas and Mills is 12-13 minutes with average midday traffic.
- Additional parking is available north of Mesa Street for those taking the streetcar to the fest.
- Service on both Saturday and Sunday will run until 3 a.m.
What’s the weather going to be like for the festival?
Weather for this weekend is expected to be hot, in the 90s, with some slight wind at 10 mph. It will be much cooler in the evening, dropping below 70 degrees. Sunday will be even hotter, almost reaching 100 degrees, with a stronger wind, from 10 mph to 20 mph.
Wear breathable, comfortable clothes and shoes and slather on sunscreen. Also, take a hat and be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
What else is there to do or buy?
From live muralists to a skate park and free wings, there will be a myriad of activities going on at the fest. Here are a few highlights.
- The Paso del Norte Stage will have a Southwest University lounge and viewing deck for first-come, first-served attendees until capacity is met.
- Professional luchador wrestling will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. each night at the corner of Main Street and Campbell.
- There also will be some free sampling at the Patron’s on-site tequila sampling for 21 and older, and Wingstop’s food truck wings.
- Try the Tito’s Handmade Vodka lounge with free swag in the VIP section.
Subscribers Only: Here’s your chance to win two free tickets to Neon Desert
And don’t leave without buying some cool fest merch at a booth, next to the Home Grown Live Stage or along Mills, close to the J&K Platinum VIP section.
Read or Share this story: https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/entertainment/2019/05/22/neon-desert-music-festival-2019-parking-guide-downtown-el-paso/3770702002/